General conditions of rental of bikes (bikes, scooters, gocarts, etc) accessories and other products at Ardenne Vélos, rue Grande 26, 5560 Houyet VAT BE0674.915.310
Last modified on June 08, 2020
- The renter must be able to repair a puncture and adjust the height of the saddle. A repair kit is included with each rental free of charge.
- The renter acknowledges that the rented bike is in perfect condition and must handle it with care. The condition, size and model of the rented bike are known by the renter. The hirer may try the bike out before departure. If it does not meet his expectations, he can ask for a replacement. Once the client has left, he accepts the condition of the bike. The hirer must maintain the bike and return it in the same condition as when it was received.
- If the bike breaks down during the rental period, the hirer can only carry out (or have carried out) repairs with the agreement of Ardenne Vélos and must present a repair invoice. This does not apply to punctured tyres.
- Under no circumstances will the hirer be able to recover damages or interest for problems of use during the rental period.
The repair of damage caused by the hirer and a possible breakdown service will be invoiced at an hourly rate of 40 €/hour excluding VAT, excluding spare parts and travel costs of 2 €/km excluding VAT.
- In case of irreparable damage, the bike will be charged at 80% of the initial purchase price including VAT.
The tenant is responsible in case of theft of the bike. He is obliged to report the loss or theft of the bike and/or accessories to the lessor and the police within 24 hours.
3. Traffic rules
- The lessee is aware of the Belgian Highway Code concerning the products he is renting. If the hirer commits traffic violations during the rental period, Ardenne Vélos cannot be held responsible under any circumstances. The tenants drive under their own responsibility and respect the highway code. The highway code is available on the website of the Belgian government:
- Ardenne Vélos cannot under any circumstances be held responsible for any physical or material damage to the property. Nor for injuries to third parties or their property.
- Helmets are supplied free of charge with the bikes. The hirer is responsible for wearing it or not.
The rented equipment (bikes and/or accessories) remains the exclusive property of Ardenne Vélos for the entire duration of the rental period. The hirer may not lend or sublet it to third parties.
5. Term of Lease
- The bike is returned at the date, time and place agreed in the contract. The tenant must report any delay to the owner. If the agreed rental period is exceeded, each additional hour started will be charged at the rental price which can be found on https://www.ardennevelos.be/.
- If the bike is not returned at the agreed time without warning, this will be considered as theft and Ardenne Vélos will report this to the police.
- In this case, the hirer is obliged to repair the damage suffered by Ardenne Vélo. This damage consists of at least the value of the rented bike, as well as the loss of profit due to the loss of the bike.
6. Rental price and deposit
The rental price of the bike and accessories must be paid in advance. The renter shall hand over an identity document. Ardenne Vélos reserves the right to ask for a deposit of 150 € per rented classic bike and 300 € per electric bike or scooter. The deposit will be refunded to the hirer when the bike is returned in perfect condition, after inspection of the bike and its accessories.
Last modified on June 08, 2020
Thank you for trusting us and taking part in our community at “Vélos Ardenne”. We are involved in protecting your personal data and your right to privacy. If you have any questions about this policy or about our practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website https://ardennevelos.be and use our services, you trust us. We explain below what data we collect and how we use it. If you do not agree with the following policy, you can let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to all information collected through our website https://ardennevelos.be and third party services used in the course of our business.
1. Person responsible for processing
Gîtes d’Ardenne SPRL
Rue Grande 26
Dirk De Vocht
2. Legal basis
Vélos Ardenne undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”).
The personal data we process are collected on the basis of :
- To make contracts: when you rent a property, you enter into a contract with our company. Therefore, we can use your data to complete the terms of this contract.
- Legal obligations: we may pass on your data when legally required by an applicable law, a government request or as a result of a legal process.
- Consent: certain processing operations are based on the consent of the data subjects (e.g. sending a newsletter).
- Legitimate interest: the company may base certain collections on a legitimate interest.
3. Purpose of the treatment
The data collected allows us to carry out the processes described below:
- Customer management;
- Follow-up of orders;
- Administrative and financial management of the company;
- Management of the services offered;
- Account creation and authentication;
- Realization of statistics and audience measurements. A process of anonymization is applied on the data during the realization of these statistics;
4. Collected data
Data that you provide us with
All data that you enter voluntarily into our system is stored in our database.
The data you provide us with is collected in different ways:
- when you create your account, or
- during the execution of an order.
The following data is collected:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Billing and delivery addresses
- Credit card number (mollie)
- Method of payment
All personal information provided to us must be real, complete and up to date. You must notify us by email at email@example.com if any changes are to be made.
The data collected is kept for 1 year.
After deletion of the account or when an account is inactive for 24 months, the data is automatically deleted after 12 months.
Data that is automatically collected
Certain information is automatically collected when you visit, browse or use our site. This information does not reveal your identity (such as your name), but may include information from your device such as :
- Your IP address
- Browser used
- Language Preferences
- Date of use of the service
This information is necessary to maintain site security and internal reporting.
5. Recipients of the data
In general, the data is reserved for internal use by the company’s employees for the purposes of their duties and thus deliver the service that is requested.
However, they may be transmitted to third party services insofar as this transfer is necessary to ensure the follow-up of our activity: Mollie.com
Embedded content from other sites
6. Rights of data subjects
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an e-mail or letter to the contact person.
Right of deletion (Article 17 of the RGPD)
You have the right to request the deletion of personal data concerning you in the following circumstances:
- If the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected;
- If the data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for the processing ;
- If the data subject objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate reason for the processing or if the data subject objects to processing for the purposes of canvassing ;
- If the personal data have been processed unlawfully ;
- If the personal data must be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation under EU or Belgian law;
- If the personal data have been collected in the context of the provision of information society services.
This does not take into account data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Right of limitation (Article 18 of the GDR)
You have the right to obtain from the controller the limitation of the processing when one of the following applies :
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period of time allowing the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data ;
- The processing is unlawful and the data subject objects to the erasure of the data and instead demands the restriction of their use ;
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of processing, but they are still necessary for the data subject to establish, exercise or defend legal claims ;
- The data subject has objected to the processing, during the verification as to whether the legitimate grounds pursued by the controller prevail over those of the data subject.
Right to object
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you based on Article 6(1)(e) or (f), including profiling based on those provisions. The controller shall no longer process personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing which override the interests and rights and freedoms of the data subject or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Right of access (Article 15 of the GDR)
You always have the possibility to request access to the collected data.
Right of rectification (Article 16 of the GDR)
You always have the possibility to check the correctness and to ask for the correction of your data.
7. Data storage
All the information you provide is stored on our One.com hosting provider.
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your computer when your browser is loaded and contains some information. This information allows us to make certain functions work properly.
Description of cookies :
- wordpress_sec: allows to manage the session of a connected user.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary: cookie for managing the cookies necessary for the proper functioning of the website
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary: cookie for managing cookies not necessary for the proper functioning of the website
- pll_language: user’s preferred language
- wp_wpfileupload_0: GPX file upload management
You can always block or delete cookies via your browser settings. Please note that some cookies make your browsing more fluid. Deleting them may alter your experience.
How do you set your browser’s cookies?
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allowcookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/#/sfri11471
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html